Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another Day

After the momentous day of yesterday, how could another measure up? Between the swearing in of a new president - one that has the support of so many - and the release of my first published book, I don't know what else could top it.

Then I realized, it doesn't matter. One of my dreams came true with seeing my story in an anthology. That's enough for me and I know that I have at least two more stories following it. The next step is to have my own separate book with my name on the cover.

So, that is my next project. It's what I need to concentrate on...

Still, as always, life has a way of coming in between things. All this cold air sweeping into our country helped revved up some germs. A small head cold is starting to bother me. Coming home early from work, I tried to sleep for a few hours. Only to awaken to my two beloved kitties snarling and hissing at each other. The best of friends, often snuggling and cleaning one another, I had no idea why they would suddenly turn against each other. After cleaning their litter boxes and placing the bag of stinky stuff outside, I saw a kitty captured in a carrier, meowing, and most likely cold. A few minutes later, the kitty was brought back inside. Hoping to distract my girls, I lit a few candles to disperse the scent of the strange kitty and hopefully calm my two. Even as I write this, a few hours later, my oldest kitty is still on edge and the younger is hiding under the bed. I'm not sure what to do with them, but can only hope they'll calm down and work it out between them.

While the day was filled with some illness, hissing kitties, and now a quiet dinner, I do hope to find some time to rest up, chat with a few friends online, and get back to my story.

What will tomorrow bring? Other than knowing I will once again wake up and go to work, I have no idea. Still, I will wake up and face the day again.

No comments:

Post a Comment