Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Day, Another Dollar

Felt better this morning and went on to work for another day. Same in, same out, type of day. Uhhh... Nope. My desk was completely reorganized. My careful but messy piles were pulled apart and placed in different places. My beloved second monitor was gone. The side of my PC is pulled off. Signing onto my computer and my icons were smaller and in different places.

Other things are changed.

I know more than to make a fuss, though. Doing that will not help nor change anything. I just roll with the new rules and orders, just accept everything, and continue on with my job.

As much as I wanted to work on my current wip, too many things at work pulled my attention away from it. From updating and correcting financial statements, to labeling and organizing files, to creating letters and mailing labels, and sending books to various clients, I had something to do almost every hour. I only grabbed a quickie fifteen minutes for lunch - a bowl of oatmeal - and a few games of mahjongg. After that, it was right back to work when a partner came in with yet another continuation of a morning project.

Sigh....

Tax season is coming upon us. Everyone is getting tense or stepped up their work. They're staying longer hours or coming in earlier. Little things. It's a pattern I've learned to watch and prepare for and anticipate their needs. We're prepared for the season. Everything, but a couple of finishing folders, is completely stocked. In some cases, we overstocked items because we know they're in such demand.

Finally, I was able to get out of the office. With this new medication making me feel like I have a constant cotton mouth, no matter how much water or tea I drink, I stopped off to pick up some Werther's Originals. Of course, I end up picking a new book from Jacquelyn Frank. Another one to add to my reading pile.

Came home to find the kitties still at odds with one another. Still not sure what to do about them, but leaving them alone. As long as I don't find fur and blood all over the place, I'll let them work out their differences. Hopefully, they'll become the best of buddies again.

It's going to be another cold night in FL. Back down to the 20's/30's again this evening. Another frost/freeze warning. After that, this cold system should be pushed away and we'll be back up in the 70's. Luckily, that means I get to turn of the heat and throw open the windows. Save energy and save some money.

I'm still getting used to blogging so I have a tendency to hopscotch through various things like my memory and thoughts often do. I have a larger tendency to confuse the hell out of anyone I talk to because I often hop between multiple subjects without finishing one thing or another. Why do I do this? :: shrug :: Beats the hell out of me.

Anyways... Figure I best end this one... Try and get a little writing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment