Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Migraine City & Dragon's Sanity

I know, once again, I let a few days lapse. Hey, I have a good excuse..umm.. reason, yeah reason. It's what I lovingly called Migraine City. Oh yeah, I'm stuck deep inside this nasty snarl - been so since Sunday.

What are migraines?? Nasty little form of headaches. You can learn more here at MayoClinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120 or at the National Headach Foundation: http://www.headaches.org/education/Headache_Topic_Sheets/Migraine  There are many different factors to trigger a migraine - mine come from hormonal changes, stress, and air pressure changes. Thanks to a wicked thunderstorm rolling in Sunday combined with a rather stressful week, my mind went kaput and things fired up. Ick... Lots of pain, numbness in face, loss of motor control, and only wanting to curl up in a dark, quiet, cold room.

This time, my migraine is toying with me. Got hit with the pain and prodromes (symptoms) on Sunday night, then the pain abated somewhat Monday, and still linger in my brain (what's left of it) while I'm sitting at work. (Yeah, bright lights not helping.) I know the little bugger will return with a vengeance and waiting to take a med to knock it into oblivion. At least for this month.

Anyway... To get away from Migraine City... To the stories, which are the favorite of topics.

I'm still pecking away at the sequel to Dragon's Grace called Dragon's Sanity, for now. :) This story is waaay longer than the first, now that I'm adding more characters, more info on the world of dragons and guardians and their enemies, and a lot of the myth and lore. Right now, I'm running around 22k words and hope to finish up within this week or next. Then give it a good editing run and ship it off to the editor to start the process all over again.

Until then, back to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment