Friday, December 7, 2012

Character Interview: Skylar Deeering

Thought you would like to know a little more about the wonderful couple portrayed in Skylar’s Salvation.

With me today is Skylar Deering. Hello, Skylar, and thanks to come to my Musings blog.

Skylar: *a sheepish smile before he rubs his knuckles together* Hello…. Hi…. Greetings… *he rubs his knuckles again* Hello, everyone.

ND: How about we start with your basics to get you warmed up before the nitty gritty, deep down questions?

Skylar: Sure, I can do those.

Full name: Skylar Deering

Nickname: Sky

Age: 29

Height: 5’7”

Weight: Too thin according to Ben.

Hair color: Chestnut hair with bright gold highlights

Eye color:  Ice blue irises with a sapphire around the edge. I always try to wear dark eyeliner.

ND: Do you have a job?

Skylar: Kinda. I love scarves, pretty, flowy, wavy scarves. I have so many I create quilts.

ND: Tell us about yourself?

Skylar: *rubs his knuckles together before tugging on a bright blue and green scarf around his neck* I have Schizophrenia, umm, paranoid and disorganized. I see and hear things… people… animals… ghosts… hallucinations and think they’re real. It affects my talking… speech…. words… I was diagnosed in high school, soon got kicked out of home, and wandered around on my own. All by myself. Downslides got bad so I went to a hospital multiple times. Not fun. Scary. No one likes me because of Fray and the others. They cause trouble… mischief… mayhem… problems. Not until my tea man.

ND: Who is your tea man?

Skylar: Ben Radclyffe. He owns a tea house. So calm… serene… peaceful. I went there for yummy tea and saw him. He rescued me!

ND: Ben sounds like a wonderful man. What was your first impression of Ben?

Skylar: Tea man is the best, sees me beyond my Schizophrenia, and doesn’t get mad at Fray and others. Handsome… gorgeous… refined… He owns his store, has a wonderful home, and has it all together. Unlike me. I’m all over the place. Then there is his delicious tattoo on his back. Have you seen it? It’s beautiful. I like to trace it with my fingers.

ND: I’ll have to ask him to show it to us when he stops by the blog. What is your favorite moment?

Skylar: Favorite moment? Hmm… *rubs knuckles together* Ben rescuing me. Until he came, I was lost to my hallucinations and in bad place. He saved me.

ND: With your Schizophrenia, what are you most afraid of?

Skylar: I slide too far with my hallucinations and can’t come back. I could ruin things with Ben because I don’t know what’s real… true… live… or fake… bogus… artificial.

ND: If there is one thing you could change, what would it be? Would it be not having an illness like Schizophrenia?

Skylar: *tilts his head as he rocked in his chair. Pulls up a leg and wraps his arms around it* No, I wouldn’t get rid of my illness. Schizophrenia is a part of me, made me who I am, and I wouldn’t be Skylar without it. I would change all the bad stuff I did before Ben. Fray and others sent me to the clubs, dance and do stuff with other men, all because I listened to their voices. *rubs knuckles harder* It wasn’t good time. Not good.

ND: Last question for you, Skylar. If you had one wish, what would it be?

Skylar: I wish people out there wouldn’t judge me because of how I talk, dress, or act. I have Schizophrenia and it makes me different, not something to be ignored, talked down, or abused. It’s a mental illness which I need to handle. I wish there was a cure for all the mental illnesses out there so those who suffer will not have to hurt any longer.

ND: Sounds like a wonderful wish. I too hope people could understand more about these illnesses and those who suffer from them.

Thank you for coming to Musings and talking with me, Skylar.

Skylar: You’re welcome. Bye everyone! Talk soon.

** Book pulled from publisher. To be revised & reprinted & Continued!!!

Inspiration Pictures:
                                      

1 comment: