Saturday, July 3, 2010

A New Contract with Breathless Press!

As you may notice in the news, I have another sale!!

I noticed on FB from Breathless Press about a Halloween Contest for your best Witch/Demon story due by June 30th. I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I sent in Sparklers already and had about a week and a half to see what I could whip up for this one. Low and behold the idea started to come to me.

It must be something about these mini deadlines that gets me going. LOL I better get a calendar together and force deadlines on every WiP I want to submit and write them on the calendar with permanent SHARPIE for completing 1st Draft, Edits, Polish, Synopsis, Query, and Submission. And FORCE myself to complete. None of this year long timeframes. I'm talking good turn times. Hmmmm.... Note to self: Buy new weekly planner for Submissions & Mini Sharpies.

Anyway, back to story. The story ended up with a heroine who became a link to my youngest cousin who wanted to be in a story, I started texting her about it. She was overjoyed and popped in ideas. I cringe at the # of texts we ended up sending each other and the bill for the month. She came up with final heroine's name which I love. :)

Wrote, edit an polished the story on the 29th/30th and sent it in that day. And zing zang boom.

I got an email!! Wahoooo!!

I not only have another sale. I'm a Winner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment